By Dr Karen Coates
1. Increasing stress over time – the consequences of the chronic stress hormone cortisol and its effect on the insulin pathway and basal metabolic rate.
2. Poor food choices
3. Portion control
4. High sugar diet
5. Sedentary lifestyle or a change in exercise habits
6 . Emotional eating: boredom, comfort, previous traumatic life events
7. Learned behaviours: conscious/unconscious; family of origin issues
8. Chronic pain
9. Physical injury and inflammation
10. Metabolic diseases: thyroid disease, Type 2 diabetes, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome.
Ensure that your pathway to ideal weight is not sabotaged by these known conspirators of weight gain.